Mortgage Loan Processor & Closer
Assists in the origination of applications of individuals applying for or renewing mortgage loans by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities DO NOT include: Taking loan applications, quoting rates, or discussing loan terms with applicants.
- Data entry in Encompass loan origination software
- Collect basic income, asset and identification documents from borrowers
- Review purchase agreements and enter property and purchase agreement details into loan origination software
- Scan and upload borrower documentation into loan origination software
- Setup initial loan disclosure documents and provide to borrowers
- Communicate and share information with borrower, loan officer and operations staff as needed
- Other monitoring, maintenance, and research as assigned
- Assists with supporting the Compliance and BSA programs of the bank
- Complete required on-line training and other training as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous mortgage loan processing or mortgage loan closing experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret procedures, checklists, and instructions needed to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share information with borrowers, loan officer and operations staff.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in loan origination software and Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance