Mortgage Loan Originator
Develop and generate product sales and customer relationships of the Mortgage Division to ensure that objectives, goals, and growth are met in accordance with policies of the Board of Directors and corporate charter and in compliance with government regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business development.
- Taking loan applications, quoting rates, and discussing loan terms with applicants.
- Collect basic income, asset, and identification documents from borrowers.
- Enter, scan, and upload borrower information and documentation into loan origination software.
- Stay abreast of agency and investor guideline updates and changes.
- Prepare and disclose new and renewal loan documentation.
- Review purchase agreements and enter property and purchase agreement details into loan origination software.
- Monitor progress of borrower files and communicate all changes with borrower and operations team.
- Assists with supporting the Compliance and BSA programs of the bank.
- Complete required on-line training and other training as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year College; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Practical knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Word).
- Self-starter and creative problem solver with ability to think outside-the-box and use resources at hand to get to the bottom of the issue; exceptionally proactive and know how to get in front of problems to contain them.
- Great Communication Skills – Strong communications, both verbally and written.
- Other Attributes – flexible and agile, organized, and ability to network and build relationships.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance