Loan Servicing Specialist
Performs various loan servicing and post-closing functions to support the lending team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payments, advances, payoffs, collateral releases, rate changes and other maintenance items as well as non-accrual and charge-off transactions.
- Post-closing review of loan approvals and loan closing documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal bank lending policies.
- Fund the loan according to bank approvals and executed loan documents. Review loan advance requests for accuracy and completion.
- Book new loans, modifications, renewals and extensions.
- Setup collateral tracking and financial statement ticklers and monitor exception reporting.
- Imaging of various loan, collateral, financial and related documentation.
- Monitor and track insurance for loan collateral and communicate with agencies for new policies, renewals, changes and cancellations.
- Review due diligence items associated with servicing requests as they come in for accuracy and sufficiency.
- Review and balance the loan control account and suspense items on the general-ledger.
- Respond to complex and varied inquiries and requests from internal and external clients regarding loan servicing issues and GL research requests. Utilize specialized knowledge of these areas as well as applicable internal policies, procedures, systems, laws and regulations to handle escalated situations effectively.
- Establish and maintain effective communication, coordination and working relations with internal and external clients and business partners.
- Work with other members of the Loan Servicing Team on special projects, initiatives and programs as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all operational controls, regulations, policies, and procedures. Observe security policies in accessing, securing and protecting confidential and sensitive information.
- 3+ years of experience in handling Commercial Real Estate, C&I and Consumer Loans
- Working knowledge of loan servicing systems and reporting tools
- Practical knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Word)
- Self-starter and creative problem solver with ability to think outside-the-box and use resources at hand to get to the bottom of the issue; exceptionally proactive and know how to get in front of problems to contain them.
- Analytical Abilities – Able to synthesize and analyze complex data to identify potential risks and draw meaningful conclusions. Able to provide accurate calculations and reconcile accounts.
- Great Communication Skills – Strong communications, both verbally and written.
- Other Attributes – flexible and agile; highly organized; extremely accurate and detail-oriented coupled with the ability to see the broader picture; strong service orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance